Re-design




Many of the people I help are actually staying in their current home. They have reached a different stage in their life and want to use their spaces differently now using what they currently own and with minimal cost. 


Some of my clients are looking to make a few affordable updates that will unite hodgepodge items and give their space a sense of style. Others have downsized and are trying to fit a lifetime's worth of wonderful gems into a smaller, newer, and more modern space.  Sometimes, people have ideas about what they would like to do but are overwhelmed by choices and possibilities and need me to edit their ideas, help them focus on a cohesive gameplan, and give them advice on how to use their budget to get the most for their money, especially with later possibilities for resale.  





The first step in the process is a 2-hour meeting.  I ask that you do not clean for me so that I can really see what your challenges are with organization, room use, and space layout.  During the first half of this meeting, we define what your goals are, what each space is used for, what challenges your space presents, and I have a look all around your home to see what we have to work with and how spaces might be shifted around to improve overall flow.  I get a sense of your overall style and which pieces of your current design you love and what overall look you are drawn to.







The second half of the meeting, I work on design.  I create a gameplan for what to purchase, where to get it, what to keep, what to re-purpose, DIY ideas for how to change your space with minimal investment,  and ideas for what to invest in. I develop a stategy for how to use the space better, re-organize, and create systems that will help you to stay more organized and de-cluttered.






Then comes the fun part!  After our meeting, I head home and create your list.  This is a list of visual cues for the items I was talking about.  This list includes the places I mentioned you should purchase items and resources for discount and second-hand stores.  I include style guides for colors, fabrics, furniture styles, materials, and organization.  If you are handy, I also include DIY ideas for how to transform items you already have to give them an updated sense of style and to better fit into your updated look.  I include a list of what to tackle first, where to prioritize your time and money, and everything we talked about so that you don't need to remember it all.





My clients tell me that they are relieved and invigorated by my visit and their list :)  It's such a pleasure to help people to love their homes again.  My favorite is when people send me photos of their progress as their spaces take shape!  


Some of my favorite feedback...

"I feel like I have a lot of answers and a direction for my room.  I can't wait to see it all finished, I'm excited about the project again which is much better than my feeling of dreading it lately...I love my list."

"I have to send you a pic of the room now that it's painted and with our new stools- I love it!"

"You really made a huge difference for us.  The kids actually put their toys away in those bins!  It's miraculous...My husband and kids love it so far."


"Some awesome ideas!  Appreciate all your help  - very excited to get these all started soon!"

"super helpful Star - great suggestions"

"Yes I love it!"

"I love my list!"




No comments:

Post a Comment